Well hello there bursting with flavor classic turkey meatloaf recipe! YUM! This was my husband's favorite meatloaf I've made so far. My kids love meatloaf too so this is a win, win for my family with them getting in their protein.
What Makes this ground Turkey Paleo Meatloaf Recipe a win?
This Paleo meatloaf is a win for a few reasons:
It is made with lean ground turkey you can use 93/7. It is secretly loaded with vegetables and infused with lots of yummy spices and herbs!
So you could say… this gluten-free Paleo meatloaf tastes amazing AND is super nutritious for you. BONUS!
If you want to change up the spices feel free to do so! Maybe try dried oregano, basil, rosemary, or Italian seasonings instead of thyme. Mix it up and have fun!
Paleo Bacon Ricotta Turkey Meatloaf
2 lbs. 93/7 organic ground turkey
1 cup shredded carrots
1/2 leek, chopped
2 Tbsp. Coconut Aminos
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. garlic oil
1 - 8 oz. package Kite Hill Farms Ricotta
1 tsp. thyme
2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
6-8 slices bacon, chopped
1. Preheat Oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cook bacon to package directions or however you prefer your bacon to be cooked. My favorite is baked in the oven. After bacon is cooked, set aside to cool.
3. Grate carrots using a grating (or shredding) disc on a food processor. Store bought grated carrots will be too thick.
4. Chop and dice leek and set aside.
5. Saute leek in a saucepan with 1 tsp. garlic oil
6. In a large bowl combine turkey, chopped bacon, leek, carrots, coconut aminos, salt, ricotta, and thyme. Mix by hand until all ingredients are well incorporated.
7. Place on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet and form into a meatloaf shape. You could also use a 9x5 loaf pan lined with parchment paper. Fill the loaf pan with meatloaf mixture.
8. Bake in preheated oven for 75-90 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 165-170 degrees. (You can check this by using a meat thermometer)
9. Let meatloaf sit for 15 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
Calories per slice 159, Carbohydrates 5.2g, Protein 8.3g, Fat 11.2g