A Little Heat Paleo Meatloaf
1 tablespoon coconut oil
1/2 cup chopped leeks (green parts only to make SIBO friendly)
1 tablespoon garlic infused oil
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
1 teaspoon real salt
1 pound grass-fed beef (I used 93 lean pasture raised)
1 pound ground pork
1 large egg (you can leave out if you have an egg sensitivity and replace with a gelatin or flax egg)
3/4 teaspoon cumin
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
2. Heat the oil in skillet over medium heat. Add the leaks, garlic oil and jalapeno and season them with the salt; cook until the onions are soft, about 5 minutes. Transfer to small bowl and set aside to cool.
3. In a separate bowl add ground beef and pork, cumin, egg in a mixing bowl. Add the leeks and work everything together with your hands.
4. Shape the meatloaf on a rimmed pan, bake 40 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees.
5. Let cool and slice, serve with a side of broccoli or your favorite vegetable.
Creamy Paleo Avocado Sauce
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup bone broth (see recipe here)
1 avocado, peeled and pitted
1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
Juice of 1 lime
1/2 teaspoon real salt
1 teaspoon garlic infused oil
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon oregano
1/2 to 1 small jalapeno pepper (adjust for desired heat), seeded
Place all ingredients in blender or food processor and puree until smooth. Store in a covered jar in the fridge for up to 7 days. (Recipe adapted by The 30 Day Ketogenic Cleanse)