2 Tbsp. ancho chili powder
2 tsp. ground cumin
2 tsp. paprika
1 tsp. oregano
1 tsp. salt
½ tsp. cayenne pepper
1 ½ tsp. garlic powder
1. Mix all ingredients together in a small jar and shake to combine. Store in a cool, dry place for up to 6 months.
To prepare taco meat:
1. Add 1 lb. ground beef or bison to a medium skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Use a spatula to break up the meat as it cooks.
3. When the meat is cooked through, sprinkle 1 ½ Tbsp. taco seasoning over meat. Add 2-3 Tbsp. water and stir to combine, adding more water as needed.
4. For saucier taco meat, add 2 Tbsp. tomato paste to meat mixture and stir.
Seasoning for up to 3 lbs. of meat.