2 large fennel bulbs
1 head of basil
2 tablespoons garlic oil
pepper (freshly ground)
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper (omit if you do not like heat)
1. Pre-heat over to 425 degrees F. Line pan; set aside.
2. Chop fennel into cubes; place on pan.
3. Chop basil and sprinkle on top of fennel.
4. Sprinkle salt and pepper to taste, add 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper if you want the heat and tolerate it.
5. Use your hands and massage oil, salt, pepper and basil into fennel.
6. Bake at 425 degrees F. for 15-25 minutes depending on the unique doneness you want.
Fennel is an excellent source of Vitamin C. It is also has a good amount of dietary fiber, potassium, molybdenum, manganese, copper, phosphorus and folate. In addition fennel is also a good source of calcium, pantothenic acid, magnesium, iron and niacin.
This is one of my all time favorite sides during the week! Enjoy!