2 cups low-sodium chicken broth or you can use water as well
2.5 lbs. chicken
¼ cup walnuts
1 cup low fat or nonfat yogurt – I used Forager Cashew Yogurt (Dairy Free, Soy Free and Gluten Free)
4 T mayonnaise (I used avocado mayo)
2 teaspoons curry powder
1 tsp dijon mustard (optional)
½ cup halved grapes
½ cup cilantro (you can leave out)
Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Place chicken breasts in inner pot of instant pot.
2. Add in 2 cups chicken broth or water.
3. Season with salt.
4. Set pressure cooker to 6 minutes on high pressure and turn the valve to seal in the steam.
5. It will take less than 10 minutes for your pressure cooker to reach pressure.
6. Once cook time has elapsed, let the pressure release naturally for 5 minutes, and do a quick release.
7. Remove the meat from the liquid and let rest for 5-10 minutes.
You determine cook time based on size of individual breasts, not total pounds. This recipe was developed using organic chicken breasts which tend to run smaller than conventional chicken breasts.
· 6 ounce chicken breasts 6 minutes on high pressure for fresh/ 10 minutes on high pressure for frozen
· 8 ounce chicken breasts 7 minutes on high pressure for fresh/11 minutes on high pressure for frozen
· 10 ounce chicken breasts 8 minutes on high pressure for fresh/12 minutes on high pressure for frozen
As for how to determine size, 1 pound is 16 ounces. So if you had a pound and a half package that is a total of 24 ounces. If there are 4 chicken breasts, you would divide 24 by 4. This tells you each breast would weight about 6 ounces each.
TO MAKE THE YOGURT CURRY SAUCE:
Whisk all ingredients together in a medium bowl until combined. Taste, and season with extra salt, pepper, and/or lemon juice if needed.
Place on top of salad greens or you can use on your favorite bread!
Serve immediately, or store in a sealed container for up to 4 days.
Nutrition: 6 servings, 1 cup chicken salad and 1 1/4 cups greens
Calories 318 Protein 43.2g Carbs 6.2g Fat 16g