4-5 lbs. of grass-fed beef bone (marrow)
• 4 carrots
• 1 leek (green parts only to keep low fodmap)
• 1/2 tsp. ground cloves
• 1 tbs. garlic oil
• 1 tbs. grated ginger
• 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes (can omit)
• 4 tbs. coconut aminos
• 1 tsp. sesame oil
• 2 tbs. gluten free fish sauce (Red Boat)
• 1 large piece of ginger pealed
• Himalayan salt to taste (I used 1 teaspoon)
• scallions (green parts only to keep low fodmap)
• rice noodles (optional)
1. Place bones about 4-5 pounds on a cookie sheet and bake for 20-25 mins. at 425 degrees.
2. Pull out bones and place bones into instant pot and cover with filtered water and two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar prior to cooking. This helps to pull out important nutrients from the bones. Make sure not to overfill the filtered water. There is a line inside instant pot for how high you can fill the liquid.
3. While the bones are soaking continue to add peeled ginger, 4 carrots, leek, garlic oil, ginger, red pepper, coconut aminos, sesame oil, and fish sauce.
4. Soup setting on Instant Pot for 120 minutes.
5. Once finished discard the bones and pass through a sieve to make it clear, reserve the carrots and leeks if you’d like to chop them to put in your soup - I personally love it!
6. After cooking, the broth will cool and a layer of fat will harden on top. This layer protects the broth beneath. Discard this layer only when you are about to eat the broth. Now, you may be thinking Angie you are missing the protein! Don’t worry I’ve got you covered! Here’s what I did.
• 2 lbs. organic ground turkey
• 1 bunch of cilantro (chopped)
• 1/2 tsp. salt
• 1/2 cup of broth from above to help sauté in nonstick pan (I use ceramic)
• a little crushed red pepper and a dash of cloves again I liked this combo! You can omit if needed. You know I LOVE my protein!
Add ground turkey to nonstick pan, heat on medium, once half way done add cilantro, salt, 1/2 cup bone broth or more if needed from above and if you like a bit of heat add red pepper flakes with cloves. Trust me it’s delicious! Cook until done and once soup is strained pour yourself a bowl of goodness and add the ground turkey to the soup and there you have it! A Magic Plate! Protein, Carbs, Fat.
Don’t forget to add you toppings! I added more cilantro which is sooooo good for liver detoxification, spinach and fresh basil. You can add noodles to give you some carbs if needed this particular time I did not just EXTRA PROTEIN - HA! YUM!